BeCozi was born in the beautiful, yet bitter cold of West Michigan in winter 2015. Our owner and founder - Larissa Koedyker - had to close her adoption consulting business due to changes in US adoption law. While looking for a new path in life, Larissa watched a video on Facebook of a girl arm knitting a blanket with super thick Merino wool. As a knitter in the past, Larissa wanted to make a blanket like that herself but had a hard time finding that super chunky Merino wool in the US. She found it all the way on the other side of the world and realized that there are likely other people in the US looking to find it. This is how BeCozi was born.
A big ball of Merino wool arrived a few weeks later and practicing arm knitting, Larissa realized she did not really enjoy the process. She placed the knitting project on the table and used her hands as needles, and that is how hand knitting came to be. Hand knitting appeared to be incredibly fun and an easy way to knit using super chunky Merino wool. Larissa loved it so much that she decided to share her new method of Hand knitting with others and in May 2016 BeCozi started its YouTube channel.
Little did we know that eight years after BeCozi's conception, we would be shipping our orders to all 50 states and more than 95 countries all over the world. Or that our YouTube channel would have over 250 videos, 165K subscribers and over 15 million views! In February 2017 we started a Facebook group - BeCozi Hand Knitting Club and it quickly grew to be an active group of almost 11,000 fellow chunky knitters.
We love our main product - super chunky 100% Merino sheep wool which originates in Australia. Merino wool is of the finest quality in the world. It is hypoallergenic and regulates your body temperature, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It is very thick and soft, creating products that have no equal on the market today.
Later we realized that there is a myriad of other chunky yarns that can be used for hand knitting, so we added several of them to the store.
- BeCozi Chunky chenille yarn: - Registered Trademark yarn, our main yarn to sell and create our newest products and videos:
- Super chunky felted Merino wool: this Merino wool was processed in a special way, our "know-how" to make it strong and durable and great for everyday use.
- Super chunky vegan yarn - great alternatives to wool, vegan yarn is 100% Acrylic and chenille yarn is 100% polyester. Both yarns are very soft and gentle to touch.
- Jumbo chenille yarn - was custom made for BeCozi and is not available anywhere else. Jumbo chenille is almost 1.5 inches thick and its softness is one of the most loved features by our customers.
- Chunky Cotton tube yarn - a cotton tube filled with polyester fiber. Chunky Tube is bulky and durable, perfect for giant knitting projects needing extra strength.
- A few latest additions to BeCozi yarns family:
- "Plush and Lush" Velvet chunky yarn - super soft and plushy Tube yarn made with velvet fabric with filling inside. It is much softer than cotton Tube yarn and it is much cheaper too!
- "Forever soft" Merino wool - this yarn is perfect for knitting with needles: hats, scarves, sweaters and cardigans would be amazingly beautiful knitted with this 100% Merino wool.
- "Furreal soft" yarn - great addition to knitting with any of our other yarns: making a knitting project looking like real fur but no animals were hurt making this yarn: it is 100% polyester and easy to clean.
We like to share our experience of chunky knitting and we created a great collection of DIY Knitting Kits for you to make something special yourself. Our Giant knitting needles are custom-made and not available anywhere else in US.
All our products are unique, hand knitted and custom made. Every stitch is made with love. We are passionate about super chunky knitting and want to share this passion with you.